Hand Blisters

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Hand Blisters

I had these blisters on my right hand only for the past 3 years they come and go. But my doctor told me to use the soap CETAPHIL on my hands and body. Also he told to avoid washing my hands to often, or to use latex gloves to avoid irritation on my hands when I use other type of soap. I try to follow instructions but it is hard sometimes. Yesterday I bought a cream at walmart it is called DERMAREST for psoriasis it has helped alot for my severe eczema that my doc diagnose my skin condition. I also went with another doctor he also said I had eczema but he gave me PREDNISONE TABLETS and the blisters went away from fingers for a month as long as I took the pills. The doctor did not want to prescribe more so the blisters came back only on 2 of my fingers and on the other finger it went away. Hopefully, I will keep searching to cure this skin condition I have on my hands. I thought I could spread this skin condition to my children but they dont have it at all.

Liz
                                                                                                                                                     TX.

This discussion is related to small, subdermal 'blisters'.
From the symptoms it can be dyshidrotic eczema. It is characterized by a sudden onset of many deep-seated pruritic, clear vesicles which itch and then peel off. As a result the skin may also fissure.

The exact cause is not known and excessive sweating can be one of the reasons. But some triggers like allergic reaction to soaps, detergents, foods, latex, nickel etc may trigger the symptoms. Apply some calamine lotion on the affected area and keep the area well moisturized. Use only thin applications of moisturizer ointments as excessive amounts of ointment may restrict breathing of the skin and aggravate the condition.

Topical steroids can be applied but they are available under prescription. Moreover to prevent infection, topical antibiotics may be needed. I suggest you to consult a dermatologist and get it evaluated.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Ive had exactly the same thing on my hands in a milder form but had it very badly when i was a child. it is definately heat related and i think its a heat rash the worst thing you can do is itch it and the only cream (put it on at night) that helped at all, especially the dry, cracked bits that appear after the blisters are gone is body shop hemp cream its about five to ten pounds a tube but lasts for ages.
I have the same thing on my hands.  So annoying!  If i run hot water over my rash it just instantly spreads then once its dry it itches bad! then the skin gets hard and sorta flakes off..