Hand Rash

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Hand Rash

I have a rash that is mainly between my fingers that seems to fit the description of Scabies. Are there many more rashes that are similar to scabies? If there is, can you use the same treatment for all? What can I use in the meantime before I see a dermatologist?

This discussion is related to best treatment for skin rash.
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Aside from scabies, other differentials include irritant contact dermatitis and allergic contact dermatitis that may also cause itching and rash in the webspace between fingers.  Scabies also presents with an intense itching and rash in this area. Irritant contact or allergic contact dermatitis are common for those with the history of allergies or can be easily irritated by substances such as rings, soap, detergents or other substances. The rash usually resollves when the offending agent is removed. In scabies, prescription medication is needed for treatment. Try not to scratch the affected area to prevent secondary infection. If it persists, have this evaluated by your dermatologist for proper diagnosis.

Take care and keep us posted.