Hard Bump on Ball Sac
Hi, for a couple of months now, I have had this bump on my ball sac. It is not attached to the testicle. It started off as what appeared to be a pimple so I squeezed it and thought it would go away. It has grown very hard and nothing really comes out of it. It does not hurt at all and its not red or anything. Its so hard that I can squeeze it as hard as I want and it will hurt my fingers more than it will the bump.  Its not that big, but its noticable. Probably about the size of two bee bees.  If you feel underneath it by rolling the skin in between your fingers it feels like it is shaped unusual. I am pretty concerned. Do you have any idea what this is?

If this does not seem to b attached to the testicles , would you say that this is more superficial and associated to the scrotal skin?

If this is so, and in the absence of pain, redness and discharge, this may be an enlarged sweat gland or a blocked hair follicle. We also have to rule out a cyst here. However, these are just differentials. Lumps which are recent in onset in the scrotal area require further evaluation. You may need a complete physical examination and a scrotal ultrasound for this. Jus avoid picking on the area .Try to observe the bump if there is any change in size or character. Get a consult with a urologist early on.
Yes, it is definitely associated with the scrotal skin and not attached to the testicles.

If this is so, this may not be something to be very worried about. From the sound of it ,this appears to be something quite superficial. This may be a swollen sweat gland or a blocked hair follicle. However, I would still suggest that you have this examined by a physician. This has to be assessed objectively. Lumps or bumps in the area may still require further evaluation. It is best that this is assessed early on.

For the mean time, perform a self testicular examination and note for any change in character of the bump or lump. Here is a url to guide you:

http://tcrc.acor.org/tcexam.html