Dermatology Expert Forum
Hard Lump under skin near scrotum.
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Hard Lump under skin near scrotum.

Good evening!
Today while showering I noticed an odd lump under my skin. It's near the underside of my scrotum on the right side, around where my scrotum connects to the perineum. It's about the size of a pea, hard, tender, flesh-colored (I think, it was hard to see). I'm a bit concerned by this as it seems to have appeared out of nowhere. I'm overweight, and went 1 1/2 days without showering, and I've also had problems with infected hair follicles.
Any idea what this lump could be? It doesn't seem like something serious like herpes, but a lump in the genital area is disconcerting! I have been celibate since January, it that makes any difference. What could this be? Herpes? Folliculitis? Cyst?
Thanks for your time!
Related Discussions
242489_tn?1210500813
I think it sounds like a cyst.  These are common in the groin.  I suggest you ignore it and leave it alone.  It might well be reabsorbed by the body in a few weeks.  Even if it's not, it can almost certainly stay there.  You can show it to a doctor next time you go.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
2 Comments
Blank
Thank you for your input. Today the bump is smaller, still flesh-colored, and can hardly be seen. I can still feel it and it hurts a bit. I suppose if it was something scary it wouldn't be fading away already.

Thanks!
Blank
A related discussion, Genital Bumps(Bugs) was started.
Blank
I noticed the same thing on myself this morning, how has your area been lately?
Blank
A related discussion, bump near scrotom was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker