Hard and Cracked Skin on Thumbs and Fingers

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

For about 3 years now I have had re-occuring cracked and dry skin on my thumbs and fingers, it goes through cycles (Drying out, Cracking, Tender and then Bleeding). it will heal after about 3 weeks and then off it goes again. A Dermotologist called it "Contact Dermatitis", but I have used every type of barrier cream, cortisone, moisturiser known to man (prescibed and not prescribed) and took every precaution possible to stop contact but still it goes on. Now after 3 years of sore, bleeding fingers it is getting me down. Does anyone have any suggestions that I might not have tried yet?

Thanks in advance

Tink2412
What you are describing sounds exactly like the issues my 16-month old has been having for about 6 months now.  

Have you been diagnosed/found a solution yet?
I get similar and am wondering if it is a dietary effect with me?  Not worked it out yet!!! Good luck

sarahyb
I have struggled with the same problem. Have you found anything that has worked????
Thickening of the skin on all my fingers 1 inch below the nail except my ring fingers. Cracking, bleeding, peeling. It seems to get worse and I am going crazy. Cannot find a physician who is familiar with the condition.