Hard bump under skin of penis on shaft
HI,
I have recently noticed when i have an erection that i have a small Hard / bee bee size hard thing under the skin of my penis.  I can't tell what it is.  It doesnt really hurt however it seems to get irritated a little after working things up in that area.  Of course when things are not worked up, i have to search to find the hard spot, but can after looking for awhile.  I am in fear it may be a blood clot or something like that.   I have been married fro 15 years and don't have any sex with any other people and don't think is in any way an STD.  
Again, it is not painful, just freaks me out.  doesn't seem to be an infection either... im 39 years old.. just noticed it about a week ago.
please help.   Feels like a bee bee from an air gun when fully erect.. and it is not on the surface, definatley a bit under the skin...
thanks in advance for any help you can give
..oh yeah don't think you could even see it in a photo, it is 1/4 inch under the skin...

This discussion is related to Bump on penis.
I had this problem 9 months ago, and it was resolved by taking Vitamin E capsules, as advised by an urologist.
at bottom of my penis i had a little spot  and when i squeezed  it puss came out then blood after it and then the next day it got bigger now its red and a hard lump inside the skin i dont know what it is can someone tell me what it is?. please
I am not sure if your Male or Female? Your Profile says Female?
I wanted to talk to you about this, More Privet.

Would you be willing to do so. I have somewhat the same thing but Mine is or has Pain. And would like to chat further.

A Doctor told me it was a Calcified Vein, But I don't think so.

If you will chat and not feel disturbed I would appreciate it.
If you're worried, READ ALL OF THIS because I'm about to explain my version of what a lot of people probably have and are likely getting confused by mixed responses. I don't have the answer to what it is, but damn if people are having the same issue, I'll feel a little bit better.

Everyone here seems to be having drastically different issues just with slightly similar symptoms in the same area (penis, obviously). I'll be as detailed as possible.

Okay, I know it has nothing to do with a hair follicle because coincidentally enough, I have (well, just recently had), what a lot of people are describing as an ingrown hair follicle, or similar related issues that are obviously on the skin or just below the skin. So I know exactly what that looks like, and this isn't it. I need to make that clear because it seems no matter how many people state similar stories, someone replies with "sounds like a hair follicle problem" or "sounds like a follicle cyst etc, etc". This lump is above the circumcision scar, where hair does NOT grow. REMEMBER THAT.

What I have is a hard lump INSIDE the shaft of my penis, right above where the foreskin turns into..not foreskin? Basically right above where I was circumcised. It's only noticeable when I have an erection. It does not move around, it is not on the skin (neither the surface or the inside side of the skin..the flip side I guess), the LUMP ITSELF is completely skin unrelated. I am right handed and it is on the right side of my penis (someone earlier said these might be related...just giving the most info I can). When I'm not erect, it's nearly to impossible to find. Also, like someone earlier stated, if I rub the lump directly on top for a bit while I'm erect, it just kinda sinks back into the muscle and goes 100% completely unnoticed until future occurrences. Someone said that might be the veins/nerves forming a "knot" from masturbating too much/too hard (oops), but that's what's like, a small round bee-bee gun pellet sized knot inside the muscle and shaft of my penis.

Also, someone else earlier stated a similar issue, and said the skin above the lump has a white circular mark. That's exactly what mine has. The skin (ABOVE THE CIRCUMCISION LINE WHERE HAIR DOES NOT GROW) has a very very faint white circular looking mark, as if you could see the lump THROUGH the skin. It's very faint and I didn't even notice this until months of having this lump. It looks similar to the skin being scarred or burned (only accurate description I can provide), but of course my penis shaft isn't scarred or burned, so I'm guessing it's just me literally being able to see the protruding lump THROUGH the thin skin of my penis.

I have had this lump for over a year now. Sometimes I forget about it, and I'm only reminded when I can accidentally feel it while masturbating (sorry for the descriptiveness). I then google it and read a few testimonies similar to mine and then I stop worrying because from what I've read, penile cancer is extremely rare, especially for my age group (just turned 20). So I find it unlikely to be cancer related or life threatening or penis threatening is so many people have similar issues with their penis.

That is all. If you read through all that, thank you. I hope to see people reply saying they have the exact same symptoms, cause I want to feel a sense of relief after all this worrying, haha.
Exactly the same! Have you found a solution? please do tell! Because you have the exact same thing as me. Also the exact same spot. Except im not circumsized. But it's exactly where I think the circumsizion line would be.
Please tell me if you know anything. I'm not worried about it, it just annoys the sh*t out of me.
what it's* (4th paragraph, last sentence)

IF so many people* (6th paragraph last sentence)

Sorry for the typos. I wanna make this as easy to understand as possible.
Okay I just looked again at it again (the lump) and referring to the "burnt or scarred" part of the skin, I may have been imagining it much worse that it really is. The person who replied further up above who stated a similar issue was referring to this issue being on the part of the penis that grows hair, and the small "burned/scarred" patch being void of hair.

I guess I had it in my head a lot more exaggerated than it really is, but it doesn't look too "burned" or "scarred", BUT, the skin above the lump IS somewhat different than the rest of the skin on my penis. Looking at it now (not erect), I see what looks like a very very very faint patch of red right above where the lump normally is, and what looks like a darkened red vein (very small, doesn't span far at all. same width of the lump actually). It's hard to explain, but it is not how I stated before, as I was incorrectly remembering it while typing out that reply. Everything else in my previous post remains true though.

Hell, I wish I could post a picture of it, but idk if that's allowed or if people would freak out at that. I just want to get the information and facts 100% out there because that was my biggest frustration reading these replies, not knowing everything there possibly is to know.

Okay sorry I'm spending way too much time on this lol.
i had the same problem after i used a razor. dut DONT WORRY it is nothing tto be scared of. alls it is, is shaving irritation it should go away.....
i have a similar bump on the shaft of my penis, about an inch away from the base. its not red, jsut skin color, and you can see the bump when flacid, but is easy to see when erect. it feels like a hard bump, about the size of a tip of a pen, and feels hard. i did have sex for the first time around 2- 2.5 months ago. i did wear a condom. this bump does move with the skin, and im jsut worried it could be a wart or something, the bump is located were the condom covered, but im still paranoid.
if anyone thinks they know what it is, or have any advice, id greatly appreciate it.

heretohelp2322 I have EXACTLY what you describe

I'm circumcised so it's no hair follecule.  I have about 4 of them.

I got mine on new years eve, I slept with a girl I met, but it was very hard sex and we didn't have any lube so I used shower gel, very silly I know !

I also have my vein like sticking out.  I'm glad from all the responses it sounds nothing really bad.  I think I will go to my Urologist though just so I can get it removed.

Am trying the Vitamin E cream too.

What did you do ?
I have something on my I pup it and something hard came out of it there is pain and it hurt its but the tip blood came out of it does enyone know what its
I have something hard by the tip I pop it it had boold coming out of it and it was white and hard does enyone know what it might be I had about two in the boys one about a year ago and one before that
I have a very similar problem as well. I've had it for awhile now, maybe 10 months and it won't go away. Same sized as described except when I pinch mine a tiny bit of white puss comes out. Is that normal? It's almost like a pimple that just hasn't gone away. Then if I wait a couple of days there will be more puss to squeeze out. I'd really like to know what it is, I'm worried
This is a Lymphocele.
Lymphoceles are the only lumps that appear upon erection and subside sometime after. They do not cause any permanent damage and are not an issue to your health. Here is short idea of what they are:

Lymphocele:
This is a hard swelling that suddenly appears on the shaft of the penis after sex or masturbation. It happens when the lymph channels in your penis are temporarily blocked. Lymph is a clear fluid that forms part of the body’s immune system. The swelling should soon subside and will not cause any permanent problems.

Also make sure to do good research on health matters so you don't make a mistake and worry yourself to death for no reason. Here is the link to the site I acquired this information. Along with Lymphoceles there are other common and uncommon bumps and lumps of the penis listed, hope this helps.

http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/879.aspx?CategoryID=61&SubCategoryID=616
Ya... Embarrassing but I am having the same problem...  Idk and I'm kind scared and freaking out because idk what it is and no one really knows other then it maybe some hair folicle that's dead or something... Ya and I'm 14. And just noticed this a day ago and idk and I'm freaking out so ya... Appreciate some advice please
Brian, any solution? I have exactily what you describe, been about 5 months, Have about 6 of them on the top lower middle of the base. They appear to be slowly progressing down my penis, hard little balls, about the size...hard to describe, about 1/3 the size of a pea, but with the skin and swelling about them about the size of a pea! Not sore.
THANK YOU. I want to kiss you on the face. My lymphocele and I can finally rest. Im naming my penis the GrandInquisitor after you.
I had it to then one day it was gone and next day a discharge came out went to doctor no std did not burn when peeing he gave me cipero and doxtrin everything is ok but orgazism dont feel the same and after I orgasism it still leaks sperm more than it normally does should I b worried
Hi im 13 i have noticed a hard lump under the skin of my penis and really dont want to confront anyone about it what should i do.
I do masturbate regularly  
Also it does hurt
Im havig this same problem i can squeeze around it and move it around under the skin and it only hurts when i squeeze it but i cant go to the doctor cause im to mercous im only 14 and have had 1 sexual partner for a a year now and just now noticed these there are 4 in about a centimeter area. PLEASE HELP
Mine is size of a pea under skin
and has double in size in a week and i am not sexually active
I reaped the skin of my penis and where it's seems that the skin was attached its now three lumps whenever I try to squeeze them I just end up removing white skin and it seems to always come back that white skin and it's nothing inside or under that white skin don't hurt at all
Ok, I think people here are explaining similar symptoms of different problems.

But my "problem", unlike others (cysts, blocked hair follicle) is like what about 3 others have described:

Tender "calcified"- like tissues directly under the penile shaft skin that are asymptomatic (no blockage during urination, no erection pain etc..) they are less than 5mm x 5mm cross and are movable.  For me, the most prominent one is to the left of the urethra on the underside of the penis directly under the skin. Connected to it are more tiny (1mm) nodules that seem to be joined by a tissue with the slightly larger ones.

Upon pushing it, it moves and then bounces back to the same location again.
They are "tender" in the sense that they seem like cartilage-like tissue but form into circular firm shapes. (not rock hard)

Neither are they pimples or cysts as there seem to be no liquid inside and it is NOT on the skin but UNDERNEATH it.

I have had it ever since I can remember and it didnt bother me until now, when my mind has fixated on it somehow.

I suspect it could be due to my circumcision (did it at 5 years old)

So, does anyone have the same condition? Keeping to the topic of a "bump UNDER the skin" , - and not ON the skin please.

Thanks.

I have the same thing and have had it about 10 years. I am 32 and noticed it approximately 10 years ago. I looked many times on the internet and this is the first time I heard of someone else with the same issue, you described it to a T. I personally used to be freaked out that it was cancer but I have had it so long now with no issues I am not really worried anymore. I actually found another one in a different spot on the shaft but they are definately not blocked hair folicles it is more like a blocked gland or some sort of small benign growth. I also think it could be scar tissue from being to hard on it during sexual activity. I did show a doctor once  though it was hard to detect while flacid but he didn't seem to worried about it. Getting checked by a doc for peace of mind is the best thing but it sounds like the same thing I have and I think it is somewhat normal or semi normal in men. I think other guys have them but maybe don't notice them because they are smaller or hard to detect. Hope that makes you feel a bit better.
Exactly same!!!

Similarities
1. This lump is above the circumcision scar, where hair does NOT grow. REMEMBER THAT.
2. What I have is a hard lump INSIDE the shaft of my penis, right above where the foreskin turns into..not foreskin
3. It's only noticeable when I have an erection.
4. It does not move around (completely skin unrelated )
5. I am right handed and it is on the right side of my penis

BUT:
1. My wife “discovered” it in the last week…
2. No circular marks found, may be “hard thing” is in little deeper
3. Not me, my wife found it
I have a hard lump about the size of a pee in the shaft of my penis, but its not visible. I have to squeeze my penis to feel it. Its almost like it is actually in my urinary track. I went to the hospital cause I thought it might be a kidney stone (I have had stones 6 times) but they did the tests and said that it wasn't a stone. They gave me an antibiotic.  Any thoughs
Everyone chill the eff out. I've had this oval lump on my joint for 18 years. It used to freak me out but I know I'd be dead by now if it were serious. I banged a questionable honey then it reared it's ugly head. I've squeezed it so hard I almost passed out. Felt like I got kicked in the jewels, sick to my tummy and all that. It hasn't caused pain or discomfort unless messed with. Yeah I'm not into getting my goalie pulled or poked by a Dr so I let it go. So a short story long, my wife and I are untying the knot, and I don't want some sweet thing to run for cover, because it does get evident when Jr. gets wriled up. I should probably see a Dr to get it taken out correctly but I'm a diy guy so I'm thinkin I'll try an insulin rig to extract that mess and neosporin for healing first. If it includes a trip to the er I hope to get a cute nurse. It's funny that 99% of these posts are from concerned parties and nearly none with answers.
I'm not saying what your condition is the same as mine but if you have had it for some time with no symptoms it's probably that you punched the clown too hard or banged a bitty with no regard for the well being of your member. I have sweated about that damn lump thinkin it was gonna grow limbs at a point but I dont recommend my approach. Be safe with you self and others. When it comes to shuckin bubba slow and steady wins the race. A little astroglide don't hurt either. Love , peace and penile grease!
I had a pea size lump deep against the urethra then several more lower down the shaft but all solid and feel like theyre attached to the urethra ? if I get an errection they are bigger & can be painful , after seeing a GP he said it was scar tissue but it wasn't there before so this does not make sense ? now they are coming & going & my penis has a throbbing sensation not overly painful just noticeable it seems not even consultants know here in the UK & I have been celibate for 6 years and only 51 & been checked for any STD's so am at a loss.
I've had similar symptoms as long as I can remember since puberty! I've had it looked at by 2 doctors, and they think its either from genital herpes which I have or something non harmful but no explanation given! I've always thought it was just veins. I heard from research on Internet that its a condition as well can't remember name but my Penis hangs to right side a bit and that's part of condition along with the bumps.
After researching the hard bump just below the head of my penis I came to the conclusion it was sclerosing lymphangitisis.  I went to the drs and he confirmed it was.  It started as a hard bump. I didn't take the advice of letting it go away before engaging in sexual activity. It was a bad decision.  Now my penis is quite swollen and sore (not in a good way). My gland in my groin is also swollen and red.  I can not underline enough, LET IT HEAL. A hands off policy.  Or you will be in my position.  It will heal on its own.  A quicker heal 3 weeks or so if there is only a couple small bumps.  Since I ignored it and partook I now have to abstain for 6 weeks.  I was sent home from the drs with no meds as time is the healer.  He said if it is not better in 6 weeks I will have to go to a urology specialist.  So, don't ignore it, let it heal, and you will be back to your regular games in no time.
How many vitamin E tablets shall i take everyday?
Very possible that its a cyst, I have one in the middle of my shaft, appeared out of nowhere after doing a trim. Ive had a history of cysts dealing with hair and even had to have surgery twice to remove one above my buttocks. I had one on my scrotum that was there for years, harmless and then one day it blew up twice the size, I waited a few days and then did some crude home surgery with a needle and small trimming scissors, sterilized. You can't just squeeze and pop it like a zit, the cyst bag remains and simply refills. I had to actually remove it by hooking it with a needle and pulling it closer to the skin surface and then squeeze hard to get it to come out. The one on my penis though, no such luck. It's way deeper. If it doesn't go away, I'll probably have to go in and get a bunch of docs and nurses working on my penis, how fun.
There are so many comments, its hard to find answers. Hopefully someone can assist: I have found a very small, but hard lump just under my penis head, on the underside of the "lip" of the head? It is not on the skin, but the penis itself, it does not move at all. I am uncircumcised and suffer from phimosis (foreskin does not fully retract) so I can-not SEE it, only feel it. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!!
I had the same little fleshy bump at the base of my shaft right above my scrotum, under the skin. It occasionally would release a tiny bit of white puss if squeezed. To me it almost looked like a tiny ulcer but it wasn't painful unless I squeezed it too much. After about a week of having noticed it and waiting with no resolution of its own, I basically cut it open to find out what exactly was inside. Turns out FOR ME IT WAS AN IN-GROWN HAIR APPROXIMATELY AN INCH LONG. There was some bleeding but ...I literally made a small incision on myself. Hope this helps!
i have the same concern .  it wasn't until this past weekend that i noticed a small lump.  ( i usually see those when i get an ingrown hair and i pull it out.)  i did it like normal and the puss and hair came out.  afer being intimate with my girlfriend since then i have noticed a hard lump becoming larger in that same area. i tried to pop it with a needle and squeeze it but nothing. and that really has me concerned now.  It doesn't hurt (only when i was trying to poke at it) and doesn't interfere with going to the rest room or with my girlfriend.  i just want it gone
I had the same thing it's gone now, here is how I got rid of it, but first let me explain a bit more About what it was. small white bump on my penis shaft about half an inch down from the head. When not erect you can move it with the skin. When erect it would be more noticeable. I when to the doctor, he took one look and said I had nothing to worry about. I asked him what it was and he didn't know but he knew it wasn't harmful. That alone is a peace of mine. So if you have something similar don't worry to much. I notice it appear after using coconut oil as lubricant when having sex or masturbating. Did any of u guys use something similar? A lotion perhaps? I did more research and it sounded like it could be a blocked sweat gland. I always use TEA TREE OIL for ingrown hair, pimples  and stuff like. I use TEA TREE oil on this bump as well, ones every time before a shower I notice a difference in size after a week after a month or two it was gone. Now it's like it was never even there.
Sorry if this is to long and to detail, I just wish someone would of told me and would of been as detail. I spent weeks freaking out about it and it turn out to be easily treatable.

Hope this helps some of you out there. Please write something if this works for you too.
that sounds like what I have. It's located on the left under-side, about an inch from the head - where there are no hair follicles. It's REALLY prominent when I'm erect.  Before I got the hard "ball" shape - which is slightly smaller than a pea, I had a bulging vein (like a varicose vein) occasionally. Now it's a hard ball, but feels more like 2 balls connected by a wire:  like a old-fashoined dumbell  Anyhow, I will try your massage method to work it out.  Thanks for the tip.Gosjh, I guess I need to spend even more time with my penis...lol
It could be a swollen lymph node; this commonly happens when the lymph vessels are damaged during masturbation or sex. It is not serious, and it will go away by itself, but it never hurts to get checked out by a doctor. Have your husband use a penis health creme to reduce the effects of friction and maintain general penis health.
did you ever find out what it was? I have the same thing and can find no answers. Please let me know, it would be greatly appreciated.
did you ever find out what it was or has it gone away with massaging? I have the same thing and can find no answers. Feels like 2 small peas on a string under the skin on the left side of the shaft, about an inch under the head. Please let me know, it would be greatly appreciated.
I am agreeing with your post. I have had 2 pea like cysts. I am certain they are cysts on the base of my penis but internally behind my scrotum. They don't move with the skin but I am concerned if they are part of an ED problem. The shaft will not get hard without medicine but I am able to ejaculate with a soft penis. I have sensation too.
Hi, I came across your comment and was wondering if you had gotten any answers.  I too have the same thing.  
About two or three days ago I found a hard lump just a it bigger than a pea on my scrotum next to the penis shaft that hurts when touched or moved. Then about 4 hours ago I noticed a white head type thing on the lump. I didn't want to bother it so sat on the couch and watched tv. Sometime later I went to the toilet and noticed it had popped when I squeezed it quite a bit of blood and puss came out and while doing so it decreased in size but still hurts. I also noticed that my right testicle is larger than left, I don know what this means but I'm really scared!! Please help me!!!!
That is just a zit dude... A big one they call a carbunkle. Or a boil... NOTHING to worry about. It will go away...

And that your right testicle is bigger is normal. I have it too... It's just the dominant one.
am having problem of hair follicles but those know what to use in curing them. After much money spent on Doctors, yet no result. Need help.. ***@****
I went to the doctor and I came back here to tell you guys. Listen:

It's 1 of two things:
An artery abnormality... Which is not a thing to worry about. Everybody has them, but if you have one in your penis... you just notice it. But it's not a medical issue.

The other possiblity is that it's missplaced erectile tissue. It's like the stuff your penis is made of that has a little extra bump where it doesn't belong. This is also not a medical issue and there's nothing to worry about.

The thing is that your body is filled with lumps. Everywhere... These are normal things like knots in your muscle tissue, scar tissue, arteries, lymph nodes, cysts, fat lumps, clogged pores, hairfollicals... Just normal stuff. If you start looking for lumps: YOU WILL FIND THEM.

It's just that people are very afraid of cancer in this day and age, and they jump to conclusions. But, by far, most of the times... A lump is just a lump. And has nothing to do in any way, with a disease... So if you've found a lump without any other symptoms... You are 95% sure that it's nothing to worry about... And just accept it as part of your body.
How do I get rid of it then cuz I don't want it
Here's my story about mine and how I dealt with them for over 15 years. I've had them since I was a child. I'm in my mid 20s now. On the front of my shaft they're right below my foreskin(im circumcised), stop and then reappear right before my pubic hair region...and on the back they're all over from top to bottom. They're a faded flesh color and are slightly raised so you can feel them when you touch the shaft, although I'm not sure how noticeable they are to other people...I've had many partners and none have ever mentioned anything because honestly they look like hair follicles which we all have. A lot of guys have them around their pubic hair region so I don't think it's really that big of a deal...I think where we all get the anxiety from is one day they just appear where they look like they don't belong. I've done my research over the years trying to figure out what they were and in my case I'm ashamed to say it came from skin damage due to chronic masturbation lol. After discovering masturbation accidentally as a child I did it multiple times a day because I liked the way it felt(obviously). Eventually I got rug burn on my shaft from doing it too multiple times a day and I still continued until it got too tender and irritated, and it was like that for a week. Eventually the tenderness went away but the bumps appeared. The only place they didnt appear is where my hand has never gripped the shaft during masturbation(I usually underhand so that would be on the front in the middle of the shaft for visuals)...that's how I've ironed down the origin. I've tried everything you can imagine to get rid of them, squeezing (the worst thing u can do, it irritates them), pricking with needles trying to take out the "hard core"(it's not a pimple...it's actually scar tissue so don't try it. you'll just be hurting yourself picking at your skin tissue), mild acid peels to open up the pores(does pretty much nothing, don't try it either u might burn your skin), applying ice/hot packs, medical ointments, jock itch spray, whatever you can think of. Nothing works so don't waste your money. It's not an infection...the pore is damaged. If you have a case of one randomly popping up then it might be just irritation and will go away if you refrain from any type of sexual activity for a few days, but if you're in the same boat as me where the skin is actually damaged then the best way to manage them is to stay dry and clean down there...unless you want to get surgery that's the only way for complete removal that I know of. During my best days they are smaller and soft. This is usually when I'm not engaging in any sexual act for a few days. I'm less anxious about them these days because I know they aren't going anywhere...I could be ashamed and not have sex for the rest of my life but what kind of life is that? lol. Like I've said, I've had countless partners in many situations both in the lighted rooms and dark areas... my shaft has been touched in every kind of way and not one person has never mentioned anything or said hey I got something after having sex with you lol, so I'm convinced penises come in all different appearances and it's the least thing you have to worry about. I still look things up to see if anyone has a remedy because I would love to be 110% comfortable during sexual acts. I might try that vitamin E thing to see if it works. I'll let yall know how it works and I hope my story helped others who might be dealing with confusion and anxiety like I did.
And No,its not hair follicle or anything to do with hair. it is on the internal side of the foreskin. It is as if you caught the foreskin with the zip then as a result it left the lump on the front of the foreskin (trying to explain it). You can only see it if you pull the foreskin back,it has a feeling of a vein or lymph mode when you touch it.