Hard bumps on scalp
Dear Dr.,

I've had 2 bumps in near proximity to one another on the top of my scalp for several years.  Recently, I believe one of the bumps has grown larger, is presently about the size of an M&M.  I am not experiencing any pain or hair loss.  Are these bumps cysts?  Is there any need to have them removed?
Luke:

Yup, sounds like pilar cysts.  They're pretty easy to remove,
but if they don't bother you, you can leave them alone.

Best.

Dr. R
I also had a bump on the top of my scalp that started to grow. it turned out to be a basal cell cancer so you might want to let a doctor look at it anyway.
I've got scalp bumps, each about the size of a "zit" or smaller, fairly painful.  They don't percus or drain etc.  What are they? Sure I'm bald, but that -- for me, is no issue.
I just had 3 removed - it was really easy.  Two of the cysts were actually one on top of the other.  The doctor said he had never heard of, or seen this happen before.  I guess I'm just special. ;)

A related discussion, Sore bump was started.
A related discussion, bumps on the scalp...which are associated with headache was started.
A related discussion, Hair Bumped turned bald was started.
A related discussion, multiplying hard bumps scalp was started.