Hard lump on 10 yr old

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Hard lump on 10 yr old

My daughter has a hard lump under her skin on her thigh. No redness, swelling, pain, or fever has every occured. 1st thought to be an abscess and was put on antibiotics and they tried to drain it with no improvement and no drainage. Have had an US done and abscess, lipoma, and dropped lymph node were ruled out. She also had a CBC done and it was completely normal. It is measuring at some places up to 9cm. We are seeing a surgeon (waiting on referral) but really need insight on this about what it could be. Please don't hold back. She is only 10. Thank you.
For the confirmation of diagnosis, you need to get this lump examined from a doctor and get a MRI scan for any soft tissue growth and a FNAB (fine needle aspiration biopsy) done. FNAB is aspiration of the material of the lump which is done by a fine gauge needle (22 or 25 gauge) and a syringe. This will confirm the diagnosis.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.