Hard lump under skin on forearm

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Hard lump under skin on forearm

About a week ago I noticed what felt like a small hard lump under my skin on the palm side of my forearm.
What's strange about it is that I cannot actually see it, the skin is not irritated, there is NO visible bump/lump - there would be no way of knowing it was there without touching it.

At first I thought it was an insect bite or something but as I say there is absolutely nothing visible and it feels very very firm unlike an insect bite.

It does not move when I move my arm or poke it. If I try to squeeze it it softens but still remains pretty firm. It feels like a small flattened pea. It's quite tender to the touch but other than that is not painful.

Any ideas?
For this nodular fibromatosis, dermatofibroma or a corn/callus should be ruled out. For calluses of hand,pls apply lots of moisturing lotion and vit E on the hands. Place protective covering or bandages over the sore to decrease friction on the skin until the sore heals. Rub sandpaper disks or pumice stone over hard thickened regions. Soak feet or hands in warm soapy water to soften calluses.Then rub with a pumice stone and apply some moisturizer.

If still the calluses persist,then go in for removal by surgical means or with keratolytic agents (medicines that break up hardened areas of skin). Shaving or cutting off the hardened area on the skin by a doctor is also helpful.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.