Dermatology Expert Forum
Hard nodule on right knee cap

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Hard nodule on right knee cap
I noticed a hard nodule , about the size of a marble, under the skin, on my right knee cap. It is very hard, not red, not itchy, and I can move it around under the skin,it is not directly attached to the knee. Noticed its developemnt about 3 months ago, was very sick, night sweats, weight loss, no appettite, swollen glands on left side under jaw. Swelling of the glands has gone away, so have the other symptomms, except for prickly skin condition. ESR is a 1. CBC normal.
NHL? RA? I am HLA B27 positve.
It's probably a cyst or collection of fibrous tissue.  More than likely, it has no systemic significance (systemic things tend to be more widespread and symmetrical) and won't have to be removed.  But you need to show a doctor for definitive diagnosis.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff