Hard palm & sole (Tylosis?)
Is there a permanent cure for skin condition ;Tylosis' ?, hard skin on palms and sole. laky skin...its acquired illness from generations.

We are glad that you have asked us this question here.

since this is a genetic disorder, it may be difficult to treat it completely. However, to give you some relief, there are some options available such as the use of  keratolytic (such as salicylic acid) to dissolve the excess skin, and systemic treatment with retinoids (derivatives of Vitamin A).

Based on the association with Howel-Evans syndrome, you should also let us know if you may have had nay Gastro-intestinal problems?

keep us posted and let us know if you may need any more information.

best regards
Thanks for the reply. My new born baby (less than 2 months) is now showing rashes on her palms.
I did not have any chronic Gastro-intestinal problems. But I do get the normal gastric problems. In terms of blockage, I have a confirmed fischers, which is there for almost 5-6 years now. Not giving a major concern.
Palms and sole is the main concern. Can plastic surgery cure it?
hi,

I am not sure if plastic surgery can really cure it. But I can check and get back to you on this matter. However, since it is a genetic disorder, it is unlikely to remove the cause completely.

I think the child needs your full support and also any therapy based on the pediatrician's advise.

let me know if you need more help.
Thank you for your comments.
Are you aware of any good medication / skin cream with Salicilic acid?
im only 13 and i have tylosis,
i use an electric sander to rid layers of skin,
this is helpful giving me a better ability to move my hands,
are there any other methods i can use as it is an inconvinience
thanks in advance, Littlestar21
im only 13 and i have tylosis,
thanks in advance, Littlestar21
Im 15 nearly 16 and i have tylosis , i have had it all my life . I have been on treatments for 3 years now it has improved but not gone yet .  I take Roacutaine (which os used for spots)  which helps shed the skin , i also use Salicylic acid which is ok but it makes my hands white . I use Eucerin lotion which is great  i use it to moisurise my hands and it make it less noticable becuase it smooths it down .  You can also buy Fexitol ( heel balm) one is the best i have found .  I find an electric sander helpful aswell .      If anyone knows any better treatments than that please can you tell me . thanks x
i thought that salicylid acid, disenables you to have children ?
this is only information i have been told,
please could someone confirm with me,
asap,
LittleStar21, x
My daughter is 15 with this condition. Does anybody know of a forum or help group.. I have just tried to get her help with her feet they are so bad. I feel the doctors are no help. I soak her feet on a regular basis and cut the skin of myself..am I doing the right thing ?

Please help.
facebook Karen Meiklejohn
Hi I have had this condition all my life and so has my daughter and like you we soak our hands and feet and use a foot file and pumice stone to remove the excess.  As long as you don't go to deep it seems to work and does not cause any problems.  You just have to keep doing it I'm afraid so far I haven't found any other way of keeping it under control ( A warm climate, sand and sea also helps) Body lotion, after sun, sun tan lotion helps keep the skin soft rather than just hand cream.  We have seen consultants who only told us what we already knew we inherited the condition and we have no cure.  I hope this helps, did try to find you on facebook but need another clue to spot you.