Hard red bumps no puss just hard and painful and sometimes red and some...

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Hard red bumps no puss just hard and painful and sometimes red and sometimes purple right in the groin on each side and around the belt line

Red and purple bumps on the groin and around the belt line. right in the areas where my briefs come around. Is it possible to be allergic to the elastic,if so would it cause such a painful bump.Also I have found the same sort of painful bump in my arm pit. But it never bulged out and never turned color it went away.I was treated for foliculitus. And was put on Bactrim.No help. then I was put on some other kinda sulfur antibiotic.No help.Had Blood work. High Cholesterol showed up. That's it.The bumps are really sore and painful if touched.Is it possible I have some kind of blood infection.Or allergic REaction or what in the world could it be.This has been goin on for a few years.My doctor took a sample from one of the places.Sent it off to lab.Mersca was not the case so he treated me for a staff infection with Bactrim.Never helped should I see a dermatologist??????
Heyy I get that sometimes, under my armpits, very painful bumps but no pus. I thought it could be a boil and went to the doctor and all he could say was it could be a reaction to deodrant. Not sure if that helps? xx