Dermatology Community
Hard red sore bumps
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hard red sore bumps

I have these sore red hard bumps that are sore to the touch and hard. They are NOT blisters as they are solid they have come up all over my nuckles on both pointing fingers and on the sides of my middle fingers. They itch a little bit but not much and are more sore than anything. I used to get them in the summer and just thought they were heat bumps or something but ive never got them this bad. Im now working as a post lady and tieing up my bundles and using rubber bands hurt they have gotten worse since i started this job. Could this be the cause. I have been washing my hands thouraly with hot soapy water and them drying them properly and putting hydrocortizone cream on them before i go to bed but this doesnt really make a difference, When my mum was younger she suffered severly from warts all over her hands witch lasted for tears. I do not want the same thing she say they could be the start of them but they look different.they are just red bumps.what can i do is there anything i can use to calm them? Please help.!!xxx
Related Discussions
Hi,

You have noted these bumps to be hard and reddish. I suggest that you have this assessed by a dermatologist. Bumps found in the fingers may suggest a common wart, herpetic whitlow and dishydrosis or pompholyx. However, herpetic whitlows may present with vesicles or bumps that may contain fluid. They also occur as clusters and they have a reddish base. Dishydrosis, also presents as vesicles but they are harder and they may also persist for quite some time.

A thorough examination may be needed as these may be benign lesions that will resolve over time. However, warts are still a differential here. If these are warts , you may need to have this treated to prevent it from spreading. At this point however, the common wart is just a differential.

Do keep us posted regarding your physician’s advice.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank