Have a Jock-itch like area near groin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Have a Jock-itch like area near groin

I have this red area near my groin, there are bumps on the line surrounding it, and it seems to have skin peeling off of it, and does not itch very much at all except at certain points during the day. It looks like Jock Itch, but, I am not very sure, and would like an expert opinion. Also, it seems to have spread down my thigh a slight bit, and that area is outlined with bumps and peeling skin as well. Could this be a simple case of Jock Itch, or not? And if it is Jock Itch, what would you recommend for it?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Without a complete medical evaluation it may be difficult to determine the exact cause. Jock itch is a very common itchy groin rash. It is caused by a fungus. Moisture, irritation and bacterial overgrowth are few of the contributory factors. The edge of the rash in jock itch is very distinct and may be scaly or have bumps that look like blisters with a red-brown centre. Itching or bacterial overgrowth can lead to peeling. This is only speculation. A clinical examination is important for determining the exact cause. Schedule an appointment with a dermatologist. I hope it helps.
Best of luck and regards!