Dermatology Expert Forum
Head/Hair Sweating
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Head/Hair Sweating

My hair/head sweats excessively while I am sleeping and my pillow gets drenched regardless of whether it is hot or cold out.  This is the only part of my body that sweats at night and it really does not sweat during the day unless I wear a hat.  I take no medication other than Norvasc for high blood pressure which it controlls extremly well.  I am 49 years old and in good shape for my age and work out 3-4 times a week. What can I do to try and correct this problem?
Related Discussions
242489_tn?1210500813
Well, you've got me.  I haven't encountered anyone with such profuse seating of the scalp.  You might try the prescription-strength antiperspirant Drysol, perhaps applying it at bedtime every other night and increasing the frequency pending irritation.  There are oral anti-sweating medications too, called anticholinergics (one is glycopyrrolate.)  I rarely prescribe these, because they can cause dry mouth.  But if you find the scalp sweating sufficiently annoying, they might be worth a try.  Consult a dermatologist in person about this.

Good luck.

Dr. Rockoff
1 Comment
Blank
A related discussion, Head Sweating was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker