Head bumps

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Head bumps

I've been having bumps on my head that hurt and are sort of big, also where the bump is i lost my hair, it happened to me before and the bump completely decreased and I got 95 percent of my hair back in that spot and recently I go a new bump with the missing hair in that area and its really painful n big.....what can this be?
I've had a similar problem and my dermatologist and I think my problem is connected to severe acne like breakouts of rosacea.  I also will experience serious itching in one area of scalp.  

Believe I heard my doc mention seborrhea  or whatever.  I am doing much better now: use Renova at night and sulfa lotion in day for face bumps and no more bumps on scalp...or very few.   I use a cortisone shampoo which has stopped the itching.  

Be glad your hair grows back.  The only way to really find out what is going on is to see a dermatologist.     Good luck.
I do get the regular pimples on my face but not anything really big I just get this big lumps on my head and it just started happening about 2 months ago.
It can be a boil, abscess or a pilar cyst. Pilar cysts manifest as smooth, mobile, asymptomatic swellings, often in the scalp. Overlying hair loss may be noted. The definitive treatment is surgical excision of the cyst. My sincere advice would be to consult a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.