Dermatology Expert Forum
Head of Penis, White, Growth, Minor Bleeding

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Dear Doctor,

About three months ago I noticed a small growth on the very tip of my penis from the left side (or lip).  I first noticed it when just preparing to engage in intercourse, there was blood in my drawers.  The amount of blood was small and the 'infected' area seemed tiny at best so I gave it no consideration at the time.

Over the course of several months the growth slowly became larger.  It grew to a point becoming fin-like in design and white at the tip.  From the front it looks very thin and takes up about half the size of the opening.

I havnt had any pain or problems.  However it did bleed a second time after I inadvertantly irritated the head of my penis.  Again the blood flow was small and stopped after a few seconds.  Both times that it bled my penis was arroused.

Should I be concerned?  Who should I talk to?  Can it be remedied by time or medicine?

Thank you.
I don't know what this is.  Warts don't often affect the head of the penis.  You need to show this to a doctor, even if only to do what's needed to keep it from bleeding.  But I don't think you have anything serious or catchy.  Just get it checked out (and take care not to rub the bump before seeing the doctor, so the exam will be useful.)

Best.

Dr. Rockoff
1 Comment
A related discussion, black growth on penis head was started.