Dermatology Expert Forum
Head of penis very sensitive

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Head of penis very sensitive
I've noticed over the past year or so as I have grown sexually active that the head of my penis is very sensitive. With or without an erection if I simply wipe my finger along the head it burns a bit. Upon closer examination the area that burns is slightly red and looks a little irritated. Could this be dry skin? I've noticed no longer masterbating in the shower with hot water has helped considerably. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Friction from sex or masrurbation can make penile skin sensitive.  You would be better off if you didn't examine yourself too closely, since that will bring friction that irritates the skin too.  By itself, some irritation means very little.  Minimizinf friction (as you've already done), applying moisture lotion or once in a while putting on over-the-counter 1/2% hydrocortisone will help.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff

Thank you! That was exactly it. I also discovered that the style of boxer shorts I was wearing was causing constant friction every time I moved around. So I've moved back to briefs. I've also started applying hydrocortisone, so hopefully this will clear itself up shortly.

Thank you again.
Hi I have a problem with my uncircumsized penis, the head is too sensitive and I just want to know what I can do to make it less sensitive so that I can touch the head without feeling pain, thank you

arthur
ive got exactly the same problem as jay and feel that my penis head is very sensitive. i was just wondering when i get this hydrocortisone what do i just ask for? 1% hydrocortisone. i hope you could reply back doc. thanks
A related discussion, Sensitive skin on Head of penis was started.