Head sweat

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Head sweat

I have a terrible problem with my head sweating. This is not facial sweating but sweating all over my head which runs down my face and neck! I have researched the literature and have found that a number of people suffer with this problem however there has been very little study on the subject. I hope you will be able to offer some advice or at least offer some suggestions. I have suffered with this problem for most of my adult life and am presently being treated for hyperthyroidism. I am a post-menopausal woman of 53 (hysterectomy at 40).
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Hyperhidrosis or excessive or profuse sweating is a medical condition with many possible causes. This may be due to over activity of the nerves that send signals to the sweat glands in the skin, the sympathetic nervous system. Sometimes this idiopathic form of hyperhidrosis can be genetically transmitted, and it often runs in families. Iontophoresis may disrupt the function of the sweat glands, preventing them from working for a long time.

Take care and keep us posted.
Hi, I do so sympathise with you, i have similar symptoms as you, although i do not suffer on a daily basis, i am 53, post-menopausal, started at 41 yrs old, had dreadful time between the ages of 45-51, then as my periods stopped the sweating did de-crease, for no reason(that i know of) it has suddenly got worse again, but seems to be prehaps at the times i would have had a period, it's most probably all conected to my Hormone Levels. there is nothing more embarrassing than standing in a shop queing and have constant sweat running down your face, no matter how fast you try and mop up it replenishes itself, and that feeling of your hair sticking on the back of the neck, no matter what you do, or how many times you bath or shower, you still feel not dirty, but just not lovely and clean, because as soon as you dry down you are still producing moisture to mop up, drying takes forever, it sounds like you are living with a worse nightmare than i am, i do so feel for you, i hope that one day soon you are lucky and find yourself by some miracle much more comfortable and DRY ! Good Luck, Chez50x