Aa
A
A
Close
Healing of basal cell removal?
Hello,

I posted a few questions several weeks ago and appreciated the answers regarding my Basal Cell surgery. I had one removed on my cheek on 4/14/08, bout a 2 inch incision. Everything went ok and with only a minor infection that antibotics cleared quickly. On 5/2 I had surgery for another one on my neck with a 3 and a half inch incision. All went well and was told to come back in 3 months for a check up. Question I have is on 6/1/08 I had a red/purple (bump?) thing come up right at the top of the incision on my cheek. Not painful, no oozing . I assume that Dr.'s path report showed all clear ( was never told anything) could this be a reoccuring growth? Infection? A missed stitch? The incision looked fine for 6 weeks until this.
Appreciate your time.    
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I had my fourth basal cell removal in early Oct 2009. Never any problems, before... The first three (side of face, outside of upper arm and upper chest, a few inches below my collar bone). My last one was on the front of my shin just 1" incision. Well, I've been back to my doctor 3+ times. It has been awful, it's still bright pink all around and I'm afraid It won't go away. The sore still oozing some and when I shaved my legs once and cut myself just two inches from the sore it got infected as well.

I know that this is a very slow area to heal, and I don't want to seen like I'm being a baby, but... is there anything I can do to help this heal better.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources