Heat Rash on hands, lower arms

I have developed a rash on my hands, lower arms, and knee area. I presume it is due to the sun, as I live in Toronto and recently went down to Florida to visit my parents. I have not had a lot of sensitivity to the sun in the past, and I have no burns anywhere; however the rash is quite noticeable, especially on my hands. In fact, the area with the rash is the least sensitive area to the sun (i.e. hands).

I searched online for heat rash symptoms, and I assume this is what I have; however the areas affected by the rash for me appear to contradict the usual places heat rash occurs in.

Any ideas on treatment, and how it can be prevented again?

Laura

What you describe seems like sweat dermatitis or heat rash.

You should try to keep the area dry and clean. Try some powder to absorb the sweat. Use a medicated sunscreen lotion - preferably one prescribed by your skin specialist.

If the symptoms are still persistent, consult your dermatologist and get a proper clinical evaluation done.

Let us know if you have any doubts and keep us posted on how you are doing.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.