Help :( Red rashes turn into brown.. :(

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Help :( Red rashes turn into brown.. :(

I don't know what I have. These are my symptoms:
Recently in the past month and half or so. I've been getting red rashes on my stomach, just right above my belly button. It gets red and very itchy. It might stay for a couple days and then it will go away. Then a week or two later it will reappear again around the same spot. It has reoccurred 4 times so far. I also noticed that it leaves like a brownish mark. It's disgusting. I don't want brown spots over my skin..

This also happened to both sides of my shoulder. Red rashes then it turned brown.

I feel like it could be be a tshirt i bought recently. But I doubt it because I don't think I'm allergic to any clothing material. I've been wearing clothes for 19 years and this is only recently starting.
Anyone help me?

Fixed drug eruptions recur in the same spot to leave behind pigmentation.Could you connect to any medications?
I've been taking Methimazole for my thyroid condition for many years, maybe 4-5. It's only happening now.. could it be a possibility?
Not likely, but you have to bear in mind of a possiblity.Of course medications need to be continued.Analgesic drugs are common offenders for FDE.
Often allergic reactions leave a brown mark afterwards but it will should away.  It could be your tee-shirt. Often clothing is treated with chemicals to "fix" the dyes which is why we should wash clothes before we wear them (not sure how many do this, I don't).

Or it could be your are allergic to the actual material of the shirt. Wool is a common thing to be allergic to but some people are allergic to latex or bamboo or whatever.
You could be allergic to the metal in your trouser buttons or belt buckle.
I don't wash my new clothes. But the thing is after I got the shirt I have washed it 2 or 3 times since wearing it and rashes still come up.

Also if the shirt was the reasoning, how come the rashes only show up on my shoulders and stomach and not the rest of my body.

Maybe that's where you sweat or there is the most friction. It's a very easy one to test out. Just don't wear it for a couple of weeks. Some chemicals don't wash out easily and if it is the dye or the fabric you could still have problems.

Or it could be just plain old allergies from something you're eating. I get raised itchy spots in the same place every time (forehead, shins, small of back, behind ears) from a viral infection.

Take care.
Indeed textile dermatitis is an entity,and where you sweat the rashes occur.
Check in with bleeding madras dermatitis.A cotton fabric allergy well known in the past in which the dye get mixed up with sweat to cause itching.
Thanks. I'll check it out. I haven't worn that shirt for a week so far. I'll see if it comes back.
I find it weird that I've been wearing clothes for all my life that this could be happening to me now..
Well it does happen and does take by surprise when we do not expect such.
Ok I don't think it's the tshirt.. the rash is coming back. I haven't worn the shirt for almost 2 weeks. Plus that's the only tshirt I bought in almost 3 months.
I don't think it's food because i've haven't eaten anything that I haven't eaten before..

is it eczema?
Discoid eczemas do present like this.Hydrocortisone creme,and an anthistamine at bed time should settle the issue as of now.You may need a patch testing to get more insight to the allergen.
Yea, I've been using antihistamines 24/7.