Dermatology Expert Forum
Help- Shiny raised bump on head of penis.
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Help- Shiny raised bump on head of penis.

About 2 1/2 weeks ago, I developed a shiny slightly raised bump about 1mm wide on the head of my penis and am nervous about what it could be.  It is painless and feels a little harder than the skin around it.  The bump is just inside (forward of) the outer rim of the head of the penis.  At first I thougth it was a scab (from too much friction) and it sort of pealed off with a little help from me.  Then it formed again.  I don't think it is a wart because a few years ago, I had a wart on my hand (which eventually fell off) that was raised and shot straight up.  That is, the skin around the wart on my hand was not raised and it shot straight up.  Kind of like this on the sides "| |" while the one on my penis is more like this on the sides "/ \", but even less steep and not that raised, with a center of about 1mm.  I don't think it is herpes because I am paranoid about diseases and extra careful and get tested once a year to be extra cautious.  I also haven't had any sexual encounters in 9 months.  Do you have any idea what this could be?  Should I be cautious of doing anything?  If it is a wart can I try one of those Over the counter wart/callus/corn removal (like Dr Scholls or Tinamed with Salicylic Acid 17%)?  It doesn't hurt at all, it is just a little shiny and raised.  Is it contagious?  Can it spread on my own body?