Help! Extremely itchy little bumps everywhere....

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

I am suffering immensely from this onslaught of little bumps that are so itchy it is painful and waking me from my sleep. They first appeared on my legs, however they have spread to my abdomen, and just yesterday my arms. I was waiting the practical week to see if they would go away before I dumped a bunch of money into seeing a doctor and getting a prescription, but this is day 5 and I'm a little frightened that instead of lessening, whatever this is is growing. My boyfriend started to get some bumps too; he noticed them last night. He says he thinks that it is an allergic reaction to our new environment (we just moved from Los Angeles to San Antonio two weeks ago), but I have a hard time understanding how we both could be having the same "allergic" reaction, especially because he is not someone who has any allergies.

Some of the bumps are in little clusters, some are alone, some are larger than others, and they all itch like mad, but none of them have been red until I've scratched them. And when I say they are on my legs, I mean all over both legs, stomach/torso, and both arms. Also, I've noticed that the bumps have developed mostly during the day, but that they itch mostly in the morning and at night.

Here are some other factors that could play into this mystery.
1. When we moved to San Antonio, we drove very slowly with a U-Haul and stopped to stay at two hotels.
2. Since we've been here, we have stayed in our friend's guest bedroom. The house became riddled with ants about the time that I started to get the bumps on my legs, and we spent a good amount of time killing ants with pesticides yesterday.
3. In our stay with our friends, I have been using their soap, which is not a generic brand. I think that they got it at whole foods.

My ultimate fears are scabies, and/or being misdiagnosed by a doctor.
Thank you for your time and help.
-Mack

Scabies.
please consider scabies or even humans can get fleas
You are have a  allergic reaction to ants or the soap
Have a Dermatology question?
100,000+ doctor answers