Help! Hair Dye Disaster - SWELLING / BURN
Please help me out! My girlfriend just got her hair dyed bout 5 hours ago, and she's having an allergic reaction!

She's had an allergic reaction before to a completely different type of dye, (a MUCH CHEAPER dye as well) and it didn't go very well. She began to swell in her head, and much to her face, and her scalp was itching and burning madly.

We went to a local clinic last time, and they gave her antihistamine shots, but they didn't seem to help too much (we went back for shots a total of three times) and they told her to drink lots of water and spray hydrocortizone on her scalp for temporary relief.

Is there anything else we can do?! Can we nip it in the bud? Should she shower a few more times just to ensure the stuff is off? If Antihistamine's don't work - is there another helpful solution??  

PLEASE HELP! THANK YOU!
sorry, correction - they weren't antihistamine shots, they were steroid shots

and once we let them know the shots weren't helping, they put her on steroid pills as well

Thank you
Please let me know what it is you did. Is she alright? did the swelling go down? I am having the same problem right now I went to the doctors and they said they couldnt do much of anything to help. They told me to use hydrocortizone on my scalp and take an antihistamine. I would apreciate it if you could let me know how you solved this problem Thank you