Help! I have these THINGS in my scalp and I have no idea what they are

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

So I've been having this yellow tube-like things sticking to strands of my hair. My hair is pretty long and very very thick. I think it's head lice, but I NEVER feel the little lice crawling in there, my mom checks my hair on a daily basis very frequently and she sees nothing. I do have dandruff every once in a while though. I admit they do look like head lice nits, but I'm not sure. I think it may be head lice and I'm getting some treatment shampoo tomorrow and trying it. I comb my hair out everyday, wash it frequently, and still more of this appears. Sometimes it makes me itch as well. I am really afraid that it's head lice! My mom claims that she's seen head lice before, and it's really bad, and she assures me that I don't have it, but I just need to be sure. No, I have no seeked a dermatologist yet or even a doctor's help. And I'm pretty much a THOUSAND percent sure that it is not Seborrheic dermatitis! I have seen that answer everywhere on posts like this. I have googled the pictures, looked up the symptoms and signs, and it is NOT SEBORRHEIC DERMATITIS. Please help me!
Tags: help, scalp, lice, maybe, treatment, head
The symptoms can be due to head lice. Topical medications like those containing permethrin are effective against head lice. It can also be a fungal infection or allergic/irritant contact dermatitis. I advised you to seek consultation with a dermatologist to examine you and have the right diagnosis hence the immediate and proper management be given to you.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I actually thought it was head lice, but they don't come back. Even if I do sleep on so called "infested" pillows. I think it's either a severe form of dandruff, if not, than some kind of skin condition. My mom actually has it too, and we're the only ones in our family that has it. Thank you for your answer!