Help. Skin burn from garlic
I read that garlic would help remedy a cold sore. Stupidly, I tried it. I think I left it on too long and garlic juices got on my upper lip causing a skin burn. I think it was only a first degree burn. There were no blisters just redness and sensitive. Its been about 3 weeks and the cold sore has healed but the red-ish area above my lip is still there. The skin seems to be fine. No sensitivity or anything. Its just red. I have been applying pure aloe gel daily since this happened. What can I do the help heal the redness? Is it scared?
The symptoms are suggestive of contact dermatitis. Irritant dermatitis, the most common type of contact dermatitis, involves inflammation resulting from contact with acids, alkaline materials such as soaps and detergents, cosmetics, or other chemicals.

Avoid using any lotions and creams over the face for the meantime. Wash your face with a mild cleanser with moisturizing properties like Cetaphil. Pat your face dry. Then apply a good hypoallergenic moisturizer over the area and see if this improves.If the symptoms still persist then you can apply mild steroid like dermacort.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
The same thing just happened to me yesterday.. Now I'm desperate and I don't know what to do... I'm all burned on my upper lip with some watering bumps. What should I do now?