Help concerning dryness, 'lines' on penis skin

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Hello; there has been discoloration, dryness, and what appear to be 'scratched lines' running up the front and back of my penis skin. There's also a wart at the left base of my penis, and while it is not painful, it can sting if pushed in.

The skin around those areas has begun to peel, and while none are painful, they have given me much stress. There has also been some dark discoloration on the bottom of my penis skin. I have not had unprotected sex, so it is very unlikely it's an STD.

I would like advice before I go to the local hospital, thank you very much to whoever replies.
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Have you applied anything on the area prior to the onset of the condition?

This may be dermatitis, a fungal infection, psoriatic or lichenified skin conditions. Psoriasis and lichenified skin may present with scales or thickened skin. There may be whitish lines or streaks and the area for lichenified skin conditions may be associated with itchiness.

If there is peeling or scaling involved, microscopic evaluation of the skin scrapings may help determine if a fungal infection is present.

Have this assessed early on. The dark discoloration may be due to scratching the surface. Is this applicable?

Yes, the area has been very itchy, and I have scratched there regularly. I have not applied any lotions, treatment, etc. prior to this condition.

The skin has not become thickened however. Could the causes you provided be reason for the dry, circular 'patch' (for lack of a better word) on the base of my penis? When wet, the 'patch' does resemble mucus-y material, but after showering, the whitish lines reappear.

May I add, I have searched internet databases for symptoms of skin conditions, and have a fear this may involve cancer.

Thank you for your help.
A little update; the streaks/lines have spread from the area I first noticed them, and the area has persistently been itchy.
Any more advice?