Dermatology Community
Help for Thinning Skin
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Help for Thinning Skin

If there is no outright "disease" causing your thinning skin, then it would be essential to look from a different angle. When it comes down to it, every "disease" is caused by deficiency or toxicity or combination. It can be a complex of deficiencies and toxicities. For instance, thin skin can be caused by a deficiency of Essential Fatty Acids in the diet, such as Fish oil, or of Vitamin C, or bioflavenoids. It can be caused by adrenal stress and an increase in cortisol levels. in can be caused by Human Growth Hormone deficiency which occurs with aging, and can occur in younger people with deficiencies of protein, potassium, zinc and more. The complexity comes in with asking why may you be deficient in protein? You may eating plenty, but digesting little due to a hydrochloric acid deficiency (very common). HCl deficiency comes from stress, parasites, and other deficiencies such as Vitamin B1,  and zinc. Adrenal stress can also affect the pituitary, as well as the thyroid. So you see, we need to look at our basic physiology and ask what it needs for proper functioning, rather than what disease you have. It's a different paradigm, and one that natural medicine embraces, and drug and disease based medicine forgets.