Help for night arm itching

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Help for night arm itching

Hey folks, for the past five years or more I have had bouts of severe, internal itching on my arms.  Sometimes there would actually be hives.  Doctors could not figure it out but for the first four years it was seasonal - late summer or early fall -  then this past year it was all year and went down to my wrists.  My arms looked awedul from the scratching.   I had suspected it could be diet soda in the past but didn't feel I consumed that much to make a difference.  Then four weeks ago, I was up AGAIN at 4 a.m. Itching and googled "my arms itch at night" and was sitting there laughing till I cried at the hundreds who googled the same thing I. The middle of the night and told their stories.  I didn't tell mine because many had already told it.  Then someone on there suggested artificial sweeteners.  I decided to stop diet soda all together,  I realized we moved 1200 miles to a warmer climate so rather than one or two a week I was having one or two a day, plus sips off my hubby's who drinks far more than he should.  I stopped cold turkey the next day and it has been four weeks with absolutely no itching.  I suggest if you have the itching to start documenting what you eat on those days or on a regular basis if your a regular itchier and see if it is not something you are allergic to.  Literally, it drove me crazy for years and I had to put ice on every night, vinegar, and took benedryl for several years as well.  Just a thought.  Hope it helps someone out there!

This discussion is related to UPPER ARM ITCH-I'M NOT CRAZY EITHER.
http://www.rightdiagnosis.com/b/brachioradial_pruritus/intro.htm

From Suzanne in Denmark

suzanne.***@****

Hope this will help to understand the paine, i have tried everything to get peace.
Hello! I've been told that it is the sun which has destroyed the nerves in both arms. There is nothing to do, I'll live with it and it can not. I'll try to avoid sugar-free drink and eat. Can you tell me what they are talking about in this video on you tube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLzYMA4z-F4
Suzanne Greetings from Denmark
I have the same problems but I don't drink diet drinks....I usually drink water all day....so it's not artificial sweetener that is causing my itching...I don't have a clue.....Help...desperate in Ala!!!!