Help me please:(

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Help me please:(

Hi there. I'm sixteen years old, and have been struggling with flare ups under my eyes for about 6 months. I've had it recently, and i got prescribed a 1% topical steroid mixed with a moisturiser, then was given thrush cream for my face to ensure i wouldn't flare up again. (I've used topical steroids before by the way)
So after a couple of days of stopping the cortisone, i got perioral dermatitis. What is strange, i have lots of red bumps on my eyelids and under my eyes, they're sometimes sore. I also have more spots on my face- whether it's acne due to the stress of the whole situation or whether its part of the perioral dermatitis i'm not sure. The doctors don't seem to understand at all, and they're getting fed up of me continuing to bug them about my skin. Please help me try and cure this annoying skin condition.

Thanks,
Sarah
Tags: help me please
These small bumps can be due to acne. Perioral dermatitis like acne is a chronic papulopustular and eczematous facial dermatitis. It mostly effects women and appear around the nose, mouth and eyes. Treatment for both consists of oral antibiotics and anti-inflammatory drugs. A mild soap or soap substitute, such as Dove or Cetaphil should be used for washing. Scrubbing should be avoided.

You can consult your dermatologist and get tetracyclines prescribed which will tackle both these skin conditions.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.