Help

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Help

Hello, I have a little rash on the skin around the head of my penis and it stings in I get urine or water on it, I am uncircumcised. I barely felt this today, it would sting every time that part rubbed on my under wear... Please give me an answer to what this it or a treatment. Thnk you  
It can be due to balanitis. Don’t use any cosmetics on the penis,instead use some topical antimicrobials like Bacitracin or Lotrimin.Also corticosteroids and topical immunosuppressants can be used but they are available under prescription. Also retract the foreskin daily and soak in warm water to clean penis and foreskin.In case the symptoms persist then consult a urologist/dermatologist for evaluation and antimicrobials and steroids prescription.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.