Dermatology Expert Forum
Hemangioma removal ( lasers or heat)

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Hemangioma removal ( lasers or heat)
I am a 41 year old male I went to see a urologist today after noticing 4 red dots on my left testicle. I also have one of these dots on the side of my penis near the base.  The Dr. told me that these were hemangiomas and that they were benign and not to worry about them.  They bother me and I definitely want them removed. The Dr. told me he could  use a procedure that would
Hemangiomas are the same as angiomas.  Electric needle burning is simpler than lasers, and probably more likely to get the job done in one session, but either method is safe and very unlikely to leave any scar at all.  If the urologist is adept at the burning technique, no reason to go elsewhere.

Best.

Dr. Rockoff