Dermatology Community
Hematoma on cheek and eye swelling help
About This Community:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Hematoma on cheek and eye swelling help

Hello,
I hit the side of face in an accident, which resulted in 4 stitches on my eye lid under my brow.  It also caused a hematoma on my cheek about 2 inches big.  This has also resulted in a partial black eye and pretty major swelling around my eye and cheek.  I iced it for 2 days and now have begun using a warm towel.  Is there a way to make this swelling go down and the hematoma go away?  I've heard rubbing the hematoma may help break it up.  Also, what's the best way to do the warm compression and how often and how long?  I've been using a warm washcloth, but that doesn't seem to stay warm long.  Also, do you have any advice to help minimize the scarring from the stitches?  I'm getting married in less than a month, and any information would be helpful.  Thank you!  
563773_tn?1374250139
Hello,
For hematoma skin, apply some warm compresses with a warm washcloth only. You can also take some oral anti-inflammatory drugs which will help in reducing the swelling. Apply some calamine lotion and avoid messing with it. You can also apply some good hypoallergenic moisturizer and some Mederma on the scar. If the symptoms persist then you can get a microdermabrasion done.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dermatology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...