Dermatology Expert Forum
Herpes Virus
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Herpes Virus

Hi, I am a sufferer of herpes virus. I sometimes have sores at the soles of my feet and the soles of my feet sweat a lot. I wanted to ask is the sore caused by herpes virus? I wanted to ask can the herpes virus be pass from the soles of the feet? Lets say another person who has cuts or wounds at the soles of his feet happened to step at the steps you walk by instantaneously.

I am asking this question as my father is a diabetic patient and he has wounds at the soles. I am worried of spreading the virus in this manner. Kindly Pls advise me.

Also i like to consult how long the herpes virus can stay outside the body at room temperature. I have read that herpes virus can be spread through sexually, inimate contact or kissing. But what are the % chances of you spreading the virus to your family members. Eg. Sharing of toilet seats, sharing of food. Is it 100% you won't spread the virus in this manner?

Also I brush my teeth at the basin shared by my family members and there toothbrush is placed near the basin. Is there any chance I will spread the virus to them?

I'm sorry that I think I am overly sensitive in spreading the virus in such manners. Kindly please advise.