Herpes or Scabies???
Let me start out by saying I am a 26 year old female with a very embarrassing problem.  I have been dealing with EXTREME itching in and around my anal area for about 9 months now.  I have seen two primary care physicians, a dermatologist, and a colon/rectal specialist about this problem.  There is a rash that is associated with this itch that comes and goes (whether the rash is there or not, the itch is almost always present.)  The rash is on both sides of my buttocks about an inch or two away from the anus itself.  Only one of the physicians has seen this rash, and she said while it does not look like typical herpes, it is still suggestive of the virus.  I had a blood test and was slightly reactive for herpes simplex 1 and negative for herpes simplex 2 (a few years ago I was tested and was negative for both.)  All my other blood work came back normal, including a food allergy panel.  I have tried every OTC anti-itch cream available, been treated for hemorrhoids, fungus (orally and topically), steroids (topically and IM injection) and have recently started taking Valtrex.  The itching is NOT subsiding at all, and seems to be worst at night.  The itching is actually worse at the anus and just inside, as well as between the anus and vagina, than the actual rash is.  A couple of days ago I started itching slightly inside my left elbow and notices a VERY subtle bumpy area, which made me think this could actually be scabies.  I work as a RN in a hospital so I am exposed to many sick people on a daily basis.  The arm itching could be purely coincidental and be some type of dematitis.  Also what makes me think that I do not have herpes is the fact that the rash is not at all painful or tingling, just EXTREMELY itchy.  Any ideas?
(The picture that I posted is a few of the rash taken 5 days after it appeared)
I cannot confirm anything but this kind of itchy anal rash can be due to scabies,fungal infections or intertrigo.

Diagnosis of scabies is made by scraping the skin and viewing the material under a microscope to see the characteristic mite or eggs. An intertrigo is an inflammation (rash) of the body folds.It most commonly occurs due to bacterial,viral or fungal infection. An intertrigo usually appears red and raw-looking, and may also itch, ooze, and be sore.

Pls keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove.Avoid any kind of cosmetics.Topical zinc oxide cream like Sudocrem, Desitin are very helpful(apply with a paper towel and not directly with hands).Also consult a dermatologist and get these possibilities probed.
Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional doubts.kind regards.

I am suffering from scabies for almost a month. They begun to bite me always in the afternoons, and the evenings are brutal.most fearsome is that i have it on my anus. I tried the official anti scabical treatments, they have irritate my skin, but the scabies didn’t disappear.do i have to fear the anus problem? please reply me fast..