Dermatology Expert Forum
Herpes or rash?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

Herpes or rash?

Hi!

Think this site is good, provides a lot of people with some sort of sense of reassurance, and the advice is good!

I did something incredibly stupid last week and had unprotected oral sex with an escort as long as with protected vagianl sex.  I got extremely panicy and went to a private walk in doctor, he told me that it was fairly low risk and that i have probably not caught anything, ffor safety reasons i did a urine test for chlamyida and gonerreah , which have subsequently come back negative.  He also gave me some zithromax just to be on the safe side.  I took the zithromax and started getting a bit ill.

I developed a rash on the inside of my groin, with some small red bumps on my thigh and what looks to be a scally line going down the the skin fold between my thigh and my scrotum, it is red and itchy but hasnt spread to my scrotum or penis.  I ham also very hairy down there, most of the bumps tend to be around hair follicules.  I have also come down with a bit of a headache and feel generally abit unwell.

I feel as though i was feeling fine until i took the zithromax, and that my body hasnt coped with it.  Or is it just that my herpes haspossibly ccome on a bit late.  The incident happend a week ago by the way.  I would apreciate your help.  I am going to see a doctor next week, but i am very worried!!!
I don't think that you have anything wrong at all.  The doctor was no doubt correct to say that the chances that you picked something up from the kind of encounter you had are quite small.  The changes you describe don;t sound worrisome either.  I advise you to leave the area alone so as not to confuse the issue, and to see your doctor next week as planned.

Take care.

Dr. Rockoff
i was also wondering in terms of groin lymph swelling, what does it feel like?  I am trying to see if it is swelling up but cant really tell.  Is there meant to be a defined lump?

I was wondeirng if my fever was also do to high anxiety and panic attacks-since the experience i have been smoking and drinking heavily and not getting enough sleep or rest!

Thanks for your help1!!!
Had some developments with my problem

Was usign the cream and the rash seemed to be chilling out - however everything seems to have gone a bit worng now

My whold scrotum is now very red and very itchy - it is a bright red colour and itches alot - hydocortisine seems 1% seems to almost agrevate it and calm it down (can vary).  I am incerdibly itchy in the groin area and was wjust wondering a few things

Is the hydrocortisine reacting badly with my scrotum and agrevating everything?

Or should i continue using the hydrocortsine on the scrotum.

My whole scrotum is compeltely red and very uncomfortable and is also very senstive to touch.

ANy idea!!!!

I have had a rash for 5 days and still have it pretty bad. How long do hives go away? Thanks
no i have red patches on my penis

these developed however after masturbation and seem to be getting bigger!

help

getting slightly annoying now!