Herpes vs hemorrhoids

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Herpes vs hemorrhoids

I had this crazy pain a week ago, like glass when I have a bowel movement, constant pain, sensitive to touch, ect  and was told my a doctor that is was an external hemmorrhoid...the kind that is a blood clot on the outside of the anal opening. I was told if the problem consisted surgery to remove it would be needed. The past few days I have been sitting in warm baths a couple times a day, using cream on the area, and taking pain medication. Not only did the problem persist, but looking in the mirror I now see white like bumps, almost blister similar, around the entire area. I'm wondering if these could have been caused by the water and cream regimens Ive been doing, or if this is all building up the symptoms of herpes, or what it could be..
I do not have insurnce and have to be very careful what help I seek, but this pain is so great a hospital sounds good at this point!
I agree with the doctor that the symptoms are due to external haemorrhoids.The white bumps can be due to folliculitis which starts when hair follicles are damaged by friction from clothing or blockage of the follicle. In most cases of folliculitis, the damaged follicles are then infected with the bacteria Staphylococcus (staph).

Pls keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove.Avoid any kind of cosmetics. Topical antibiotics such as mupirocin or neomycin containing ointment are also useful.In case the symptoms persist then oral antibiotics may be needed.Pls consult a dermatologist in that case.Also then get herpes blisters ruled out.

Hope it helps. Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.

Hey, This happened to a friend of mine, exactly the same thing! She had been to the doctors for hemroids and once given creams, broke out in white bumps that were not painful at all. She was tested for herpes but everything came back negative. How did everything work out for you?? Hope all is well!!!