Herpes?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Herpes?

About 2 weeks ago I developed a rash in the groin. At first I thought it was just very chapped skin, but since then it has gotten worse. I noticed that the spots have multiplied and look like ingrown hairs and chapped, cracked skin. Some of the spots have a small white tip like an ingrown hair, but nothing inside (like pus.) I thought it could be genital or inverse psoriasis and I tried some minor ointment for that but it has been 24 hours and I have seen no improvement.

I am 27 have had 1 sexual partner, and we use condoms. He has not been tested for Herpes and has never shown symptoms.

I tried using diaper rash ointment (when I thought it was chapped skin from working out), jock itch ointment, baby oil, baby powder, gold bond powder, Monistat chafing ointment, and a minor steroid topical ointment for psoriasis without any luck. I have tried to get appointments with doctors to get a firm diagnosis but have been told that they cannot see me for 2 weeks.

help!
These bumps can be due to irritated and infected hair follicles or herpes blisters if they are painful and they scab over. Folliculitis starts when hair follicles are damaged by friction from clothing or blockage of the follicle. In most cases of folliculitis, the damaged follicles are then infected with the bacteria Staphylococcus (staph).

Please keep the area clean and apply some topical antiseptics. Also wear loose-fitting cotton clothing and use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid any kind of cosmetics and apply topical antibiotics like Mupirocin. Also get an examination done from a dermatologist if the blisters scab over.  

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

I'm having a similar problem and im freaking out!  I started off with cystitis last week, and then I noticed a red sore on my vagina, a few days ago, (i do shave there so thought nothing of it) then more started appearing and they are quite sore. My bf of 4 years always wears a condom and he shows no signs of anything like herpes!?! I also have a small sore near my 'back passage' which is sore. I have also had a really upset stomach and felt sick. I hope someone can help me, its the first time this is happening I'm so scared its something serious :'( could it be some kind if virus or a simple infection? Please help ease my mind I need some sleep x
The first question is mostly relating to a seborrheic dermatitis of groin. Sholuld settle with external application of hydrocortisone . Consult your doc.

Relating to skinsos despite condom usage must get tested for herpes because this is a triky virus and can infect just about anyone after a long latency.
Read- Relating to Hannah.. I stand corrected.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

I always do brazilian waxes down there but I've been moving around the last 2 months and then was on vacation and have been unable to get waxed for awhile. Being that I am not used to the hair down there it is entirely possible that that is what it is.I also have been on a two-a-day workout regimen lately running on a treadmill wearing leggings.

The skin that has chapped raw is not scabbing and does not really look like a blister, just looks chapped. Mostly the chapped areas run along the bikini line, but there are also spots above and below the vagina. The rash is sometimes itchy and sometimes painful.

The doctor cannot fit me in for 2 weeks, and staph sounds serious. Can I wait 2 weeks or do I need to go to a hospital to get formally diagnosed and treated? Also, is it right to see a dermatologist about this? I had been trying to get into my gyno.

Thanks!