Hives and continuous itching after total hysterectomy
Hi, just wondering if anybody experienced hives on the entire body after total hysterectomy.  Even after having been injected with antihistamine and stopping the prescribed antibiotic on the 5th day instead of 7 days as prescribed by the doctor, the rashes continues.  Are these rashes a result of a low immune system caused by the operation (total hysterectomy) or by something else?
Also, when I scratch my skin will show some yellow bruises.  Is this something to be alarmed of?  So far blood test showed no abnormal result.
Hives (medically known as urticaria) are red, itchy, raised areas of skin that appear in varying shapes and sizes. They have a tendency to change size rapidly and to move around, disappearing in one place and reappearing in other places, often in a matter of hours.

Many cases of hives are "idiopathic," meaning no cause is known. Others may be triggered by viral infections or medications. In your case these can be due to idiopathic hives. You can apply some calamine lotion at the rash as it will help in soothing the skin. You can take some OTC oral antihistamine medications like Benadryl or Claritin and see if it helps.

For mild-moderate symptoms a weak steroid may be used, whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid (e.g. clobetasol propionate, fluocinonide).But they are available under prescription and should be taken only after consulting a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.