Dermatology Expert Forum
Hives in the corner of my eye and stomach virus

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care. All questions will be answered by a medical professional.

I had a stomach virus (or so the doctor thinks) a couple of weeks ago which lasted about 2 weeks.  After the initial heavy nausea and vomiting, it ended with hives all over my body for over a week.  The only thing left now, which I don't know if it's actually related or not, are 2 little tiny hive pieces in the corners of my eyes....

Is there anything I can do about this?  Is this related to the stomach virus? Were the hives that I had all over my body related to the virus?  

The corner of my eye is really small and is there something I can put on the affected area....it's so close to the eye though.
M. Chow:

It's a little hard to tell from your description whether the rash was hives (which usually come and go) or just a viral rash.  In either case, there isn't much you needto do.

It also isn't clear what relationship, if any, the spots near your eyes have to the rash.  If I were you, I'd just leave them alone and proceed with your regular skin routine.  They should go away in a few days on their own.

Hives can come from viruses, but often enough they just come when they want to.

Best.

Dr. R