Hives on inner thighs

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Hives on inner thighs

I get hives on my inner thighs a few weeks before I start my period and they go away once I start or sometimes just a few days before I start. At one time I had found a name for this and it was horomone related but now I can't seem to find it. Do you know what this condition is called? I'm a 39 year's old and its been happening off and on since I was a teenager.
Me too! I'm going to ask my gynecologist about it.  I also have endometriosis.  I wonder if there is a connection.  I read that endo may be linked to allergies.

Hives (medically known as urticaria) are red, itchy, raised areas of skin that appear in varying shapes and sizes. They have a tendency to change size rapidly and to move around, disappearing in one place and reappearing in other places, often in a matter of hours.

Many cases of hives are "idiopathic," meaning no cause is known. Others may be triggered by viral infections or medications.During menstrual cycle stress and hormonal changes are a trigger for the hives.

When the hives appear take some antihistaminics like Claritin or zyrtec.You can also take sedating ones like benadryl at noght to control itching.Also apply calamine lotion and a mild steroid cream like dermacort on the rash.Taking of oral vit C during this period also helps.

Hope it helps.Take care and pls do keep me posted on how you are doing or if you have any additional queries.Kind regards.

hello to all i am 36 and had a histerectomy 5 months ago due to fibroids . I have been to obgyn four times in three months and the  vaginal itch hives and uti it is a visious cycle . I have been on metronitizole  3 x for bv  and numerious yeast infections which was given dyfucan and uti 's 4x sence august each time taking macrobid the last 2x with symtoms (symptoms) of uti's there lab came back no bacteria but i had blood . But i to have been have the hives on inner thigh that comes and goes itches like crazy . I went to urinologist and have a test schduled monday with conterast and he also is planing to look in the inside of the bladder. I am taking azo yeast and a cranberry tab by azo and i still have this issue i am so frustated and my husband is loosing patience . Guess my question is i think its a ph imbalance and my ob states that i may have the on going bv forever is there  any one with simular symptoms ?
Hi everyone I too have the hives in ineer thighs, started in Oct.2010 thought i have a reaction to the costume i made but now they are back they never seem to fully go away, a few spots stay all the time but very small and can't really see them unless i look for them, if i itch them they go to my stomach! what is they to do? they dont go to my privite area as long as i have used monistate 3 or 7 day cream, but what is there to do, even the topical creams don't work at all...what would be the ph imbalance if one? i don't have insurance right now so i am trying to figure out what i can before i get all the tests done to try and narrow it down, any help please post....Thank you