Hole above anus?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology - rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Hole above anus?

Last night I was wiping in the bathroom and noticed I was bleeding. I looked in the mirror to find a small hole about 1-2 inches above the anus. I feel no pain and it seemed to stop bleeding but the hole is still there. Any idea as to what exactly this is?

Also, don't know if it's related but about two weeks ago I experienced itchiness in that same area once in a while.
Possibly a pilonidal sinus.Do consult your doc.
The symptoms are suggestive of a pilonidal sinus. Pilonidal cyst is a cyst right over the coccyx area.I n this the skin becomes reddened or even sometimes looks like a small bruise. When it is infected,it causes pain and may drain to form a sinus. Antibiotics or surgical drainage may be required for which you should consult a surgeon.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.