Hole in my butt crack!?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Hole in my butt crack!?

the other day i was on the toilet, when i finished i was wiping and noticed i had some blood on the TP, i thought nothing of it except that the waste may have ripped a bit of my rectal, well... its been a few days now and its bled every time after im done, it doesnt bleed until after I've taken a poop, so i decided to kinda check it out today, and it appears that i have a tiny hole about 2 inches above my *******, its a bit smaller then an average pencil width, and only bleeds after using the toilet... nothing else comes out of it, and im not really sure what it is, ive been surfing the net for about an hour now trying to find an explanation and the best i can come up with is some kind of cyst or something, since it doesnt look like a pilonidal dimple as there is no lump above it... what should i do about this problem? id rather not see a doctor about it if i dont have to, is there anything i can do to heal it myself or anything i really need to worry about?
Your symptoms are suggestive of fistula in ano or anal fistula. Fistula is an abnormal connection between two epithelium-lined organs(like the anal canal and outside skin in case of anal fistula) that normally do not connect. It presents as an open hole near the anus on examination and the patient has the symptoms of external opening, bleeding, swelling or pain.

My sincere advice would be to consult a surgeon and getting yourself evaluated for anal fistula. Investigations like external examination, digital rectal examination, anoscopy, fistulography, endoanal ultrasound and MRI may be required to confirm the diagnosis. Treatment is mostly surgical but depends on the position of the fistula and which parts of the anal sphincter it crosses.
I hope it helps. Take care and please do keep me posted in case you have any additional doubts. Kind regards.