Horizontal Ridges On ONE Fingernail

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

Horizontal Ridges On ONE Fingernail

Hi there.  My middle finger on my right hand has 3 horizontal ridges very close together.  I was wondering if it is more likely to be from an injury because it is only on ONE finger?  What else could this be?  I dont remember any injury but i also have 3 children under 6 with one on the way and usually have random cuts, bruises and scrapes that i cant remember how i got them!

A little background:  i am 26, 36 weeks pregnant and have just been put on an iron supplement (on top of my prenatal) for low iron.  I take the iron supplement in the morning and then my prenatal and a vitamin D supplement at night.  

Thanks!
anyone?
Random bruising and cuts may be due to anemia and deficiency of vitamins C, K, B12, or folic acid. Try taking multivitamins for some days along with the iron and vitamin D supplements and see if the symptoms improve.

If the symptoms persist then get an evaluation done from a dermatologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

my post was about nail ridges, i just was making a point that i injure myself daily and dont remember so im not sure if i injured my nail and caused the ridges or if its something else.