Horrible Rash Problem
Hello, I have had an itchy pimply rash (some pimples bigger like mosquito bites) for 2 months. I have went to the doctor's an it was diagnosed as folliculitus. They prescribed me 2 antibiotics which did nothing, I broke out worse. Nystatin did not work, and hydocortizone creams, ointments nothing! I an getting very frustrated. I haven't changed anything different in my diet, and I am not using any new soaps or detergents, so I am baffled by this.  They did a skin scraping the second time i went back and said it was a fungal infection.  I still have the rash really bad, on my breast, buttocks, hips, pimples between legs, you name it. Any suggestions?  krazeeme612
Since the rash is persisting, so it will be best to get it evaluated from a dermatologist and get a KOH examination of the skin scrapings done to confirm fungal infection. Treatment consists of topical antifungal cream which may contain miconazole, tolnaftate, terbinafine,ketaconazole and clotrimazole. Some of them are Lamisil, Monistat derm, Mycelex, and Nizoral but should be used under a dermatologist’s guidance. Restrict wearing any undergarments at night and as far as possible keep the area dry.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you much for your reply, I have been suffering with this, since mid october. I found out the end of january, from the dermatologist, i have scabies. I treated myself twice with premerthin cream, I see improvement, but a couple days later, I noticed new red little bumps appearing...I hope i am not getting new ones. Is this normal?