How can I get rid of thick, tough hair on stomach? (Extremely difficult...

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

How can I get rid of thick, tough hair on stomach? (Extremely difficult to remove!)

I have had hair on my stomach for quite some time. I used to use the cream bleach, but my hair is so thick and black, it would not completely lighten it. The hair was still noticeable. I have also tried using products like Nair and Veet, but it will not remove the thick hair. I even left it on for an extra amount of time. Waxing is also no good. I have not tried professional waxing, but the at-home kits I have tried have been unsuccessful like the Nair and Veet. I have mostly been tweezing and shaving it, but this causes more problems. I have ingrown hairs and red bumps, and the black hairs can still be seen beneath my skin. I have no clue what I can do. I have thought about seeing a dermatologist, but I'm not sure what they could do for me. It is so embarrasing to have this problem. I want to wear a bikini in public so bad, but my stomach just looks so awful with the hair and red bumps. Please, if you could help, I would greatly appreciate it! You have no idea how happy I would be to finally solve this problem! Thanks!
Tags: get rid of, tough, hair, Stomach, difficult, remove, how?
One of the best methods for hair removal is waxing, but it is a bit painful on the stomach. However,the best method of painless hair removal is by laser treatment. I would advise you to consult a dermatologist/cosmetologist and discuss this option with him.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
omg i have exactly the same problem, i really dont know what to do. and the red bumps leave scars all over my stomach. iv tried waxing but it just grows back the same. I think im going to book an appointment with the dr:). i totally understand how you feel tho, its poo isnt it :(.x