How can I stop bleeding from blood vessel on lip

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

About 3 years ago I had a blue mark on my lower lip, the dermatologist said it was a blood vessil close to my lip, and not to worry. I am @ work (luckily I work for 2 dentists) when I started bleeding (I mean squirting) from the erupted blood vessel, it took the drs. about 15 minutes to resolve the stoppage of bleeding. I'm not taking aspirin or blood thinners.  It scared me, the bleeding was unbelievable.  What would I have done if I was out somewhere & this happened. My regular dr is out of the office. Thanks
You would hqve to take a clean piece of cloth, a hankey and hold the bleeding area pressed down for about 10-15 minutes.
This would give time for the body,s clooting mechanism to get into action and stem the bleeding.
The cause for the bleeding must have ben some kind of trauma.
If bleeding persists after 15 minutes you need to get to a doctor.
I have these blood vessels also, and when they bleed (spurt) it takes a while to get it to stop.  What's worse, now they have begun doing this while I'm asleep, so I don't know right away.  I don't bite my lips and there has been no other trauma.  Has anyone been albe to help you?  My Dr. can't figure out what's causing this.