How do I treat my armpit rash?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

How do I treat my armpit rash?

I was in a big hurry a couple days in a row so i dry shaved my underarms. (Big Mistake!!) After a couple of days my underarms started to itch and burn really bad, and a big red spot under each underarm had formed. It has been almost a month and I have tried different things to try to make this go away. I have tried to put gold bond powder on instead of deoderant, to try to dry out, but that doesn't work. I just makes it itch more! But when my armpit hairs start to grow they make my underarms irritated and itch even more, so i have to shave them, which makes it worse! Please help! Is there a cream or something I can use to make this go away?
This could be due to contact dermatitis, an allergic reaction. Contact dermatitis is an inflammation of the skin caused by direct contact with an irritating or allergy-causing substance (irritant or allergen).

Irritant dermatitis, the most common type of contact dermatitis, involves inflammation resulting from contact with acids, alkaline materials such as soaps and detergents, solvents, or other chemicals. The reaction usually resembles a burn.

The symptoms are itching (pruritis) of the skin and skin redness or inflammation in the area. You can apply a Corticosteroid ointment like Hydrocortisone 1% on the lesions till the skin inflammation subsides. To treat the itching you can take anti-histamine medications like Cetrizine.
Keep the area well moisturized to prevent irritation from the growing hair.
Ref: http://www.myonlinewellness.com/topic/adam1000869
hi! i had contact dermatitis recently. the derma advised me to tea soak my pits. i mean, saok them in tea for about 15-20 mins. green tea with lavender is even better. it helps in the inflamation (inflammation).