How fast does Mulloscum Contagiosum spread?

This forum is for questions regarding Dermatology issues, such as: rashes, acne, birthmarks, skin infections, rosacea, and general skin care.

My dermatologist thinks I have Mulloscum Contagiosum, and I have probably had it for a couple weeks, but without my knowing i have probably touched it then touched other parts of my body, how long will it take for those other spots to appear? I have gone into this freak out pattern where I constantly check my body for new spots every few hours and I'm really starting to disturb myself over it. any help would be appreciated thanks.
The incubation period for this virus, as determined by human volunteers who underwent inoculation, ranges from 14 to 50 days. Presumably this should apply to auto inoculation.
In adults, molluscum infections are often sexually transmitted and can transmit from one site to other skin sites by autoinoculation. Such spread can occur by touching or scratching a bump and then touching another part of the body. There is no proposed time but touching mollusucm and then touching other parts of the body can cause to virus to spread and the bumps may show up in a few days time.
Wait for the reports as sometimes it can be due to a cyst or an infected hair follicle rather than a molluscum bump.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.